The Wroxham 5k Series a series of three fast (if slightly undulating) 5k races taking part over the spring/summer months.
The midweek series is perfect for those chasing the elusive 5k personal best, and for those new to running.
Hosted under UK Athletics Rules of Competition - Permit Number 2017-28018
The event is held at Broadland High School, Tunstead Road, Hoveton, NR12 8QN, and starts at 7.15pm.
We will also be hosting a free 2k kids fun run at each race - see Junior Runners.
See 'Race Details' for more information.
13th May 2020
10th June 2020 (This race is part of the Sportlink 2020 Grand Prix Series )
1st July 2020
If you have any questions or queries regarding the Wroxham 5k Series, please get in touch by clicking 'Contact Us' at the top of the page, or by emailing us at email@example.com
Entry for the 2020 series will be available from 4th March 2020 here.
Check back here, as well as our Facebook and Twitter pages for any announcements, news or changes.
Please note that due administration reasons we can only process transfers through Total Race Timing.
The Wroxham 5k Series is perfect for junior runners. The short distance and (mostly) flat and fully marshalled one lap course on a cool, sunny evening makes it perfect for younger runners. We even have a junior prize category, with both Male and Female 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes awarded. The event is great for younger runners who participate in parkrun and wish to try their first competitive race.
Please note the minimum age for the main 5k race is 11 years, on the day of the race.
We will also be hosting a free 2k junior kids fun run, at 6.45pm on the grass athletics track at Broadland High School, for those younger than 12 or who do not want to race the main 5k race. Hosted by the junior section of the club, no prior entry is required - just turn up ready to run (and yes, we will have an ice cream van on site for a little post race reward)...
The race is hosted from Broadland High School, Tunstead Road, Hoveton, NR12 8QN. The headquarters open at 5:45pm, so runners can collect their numbers, chips, and any other items. There will be a tea and cake stall, with all monies raised going to a nominated charity (in 2016 we donated an incredible £1110 to Nelsons Journey).
We will also have series sponsors Sportlink Running Fitness with us.
There will be a mandatory briefing for all runners at 7:00pm, before the start of the race.
Parking is at Roys of Wroxham - please follow the instructions of marshals. It is a 5 min walk from Broadland High School, and will be fully sign posted.
The site is in use by others, so please be aware of all vehicles and pedestrians at all times.
The course is officially measured at 5 kilometers, and has been graded Bronze by B.A.R.R. The race holds a full permit from UK Athletics, and is hosted under their Rules of Competition.
Before the Race
- The race HQ is open from 5:45pm to 7:00pm. Please arrive in good time and collect your race number and timing chip.
- If you have entered the series, you will need to bring your number to races 2 and 3. If you loose your number and require a replacement, please ask for one at the Information Desk.
- Ensure your details and medical information is written on the back of your number. This will help St Johns Ambulance easily identify you and respond quicker in the event of an emergency.
- Chips must be secured to your left shoe. Ties are available in the race HQ on the tables.
- Please warm up on the back field at Broadland High School. Do not warm up along Tunstead Road, as we are setting up the start and there will be traffic present.
- Audio devices (i.e. headphones and bone-conducting headphones) are banned from the race - you need to be able to hear any traffic and marshal instructions. Anyone wearing audio devices will be removed from the results (as per UKA Rule 240 S 5).
- Similarly, runners are not allowed to run with a dog during the race (as per UKA Rule 240 S 6), and we do not allow runners to run with a race buggy.
- There will be a mandatory race briefing for all runners at 7.05pm, before runners are lead into the start area.
- Please position yourself at the start line relative to the time you expect to finish the race in (i.e. 15 minute 5k runners at the front, 30 minute 5k runners further back. Please remember, the race is chip-to-chip timed, so your time won't start until you cross the start line, and you will get an accurate time for how long it takes you to complete the course.
- That said, all age category and team prizes are based on 'gun times', so first across the finish line wins. Position yourself accordingly.
- The course is fully signposted at every kilometer, and marshals are present at every corner and at key points along the route. Please keep to the left side of the road at all times unless instructed otherwise.
- Please listen to and follow marshal's instructions. After the 1km mark you are on open roads, where traffic may be present.
- If you require medical attention or wish to pull out from the race, please approach a marshal, who will be happy to help.
- There is a water station at the finish line. The evening can be warm so we recommend taking any water or gels you may need with you, as there are no water stations on the course.
- Otherwise, have a good run!
- When crossing the finish line please proceed quickly through the finish funnel and remove your timing chip. Do not stop until you have exited the finish tunnel - there will be lots of runners coming in fast and we need to keep the finish funnel moving and clear.
- Once you exit the funnel please have your timing chip removed from your shoe. Marshals are present to do this.
- Grab a drink, there will be water available to drink.
- Stick around, have a cup of coffee and a slice of cake, and see who has won the awards.
- As the finish line crosses the exit to Broadland High School, we would recommend you don't try and leave until at least 7.50pm, otherwise you'll be waiting in your car for a while.
Race Time Limit
For 2019, due to extending the road closure we have introduced a 45 minute race time limit
Join us for all 3 races in the 5k race series
After the conclusion of the race, we award the following:
Race Winner - Male and Female
1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards in the following categories:
Male: Junior (Age 16 and Under) Senior Male (17 to 39), M40-44, M45-49, M50-54, M55-59, M60-64, M65+
Female: Junior (Age 16 and Under), Senior Female (17 to 39), F40-44, F45-49, F50-54, F55-59, F60-64, F65+
Team prizes are also available for senior and veteran male and females, with three qualifying club runners.
All awards are based on 'Chip Time' results.
Awards will be presented around 8pm in the race headquarters. We encourage you to stay after the race, have some tea and cake, and see who has won.
Whilst we at Sportlink pride ourselves on delivering an outstanding customer service, it is also our huge enthusiasm and combined knowledge which goes towards ensuring that each person who walks through our door leaves knowing they have truly had what can only be said is a memorable experience....professional advice and service guaranteed, but always with a big smile.
Sportlink Running & Fitness....so very proud to sponsor the Grand Prix series whilst supporting Norfolk athletics and road running.